Colliers Special Assets Group
The Colliers Special Assets Group’s core business activities are focused on serving financial institutions, bankruptcy courts, and government agencies. Our team is experienced in short sales, bankruptcy workouts and we understand the accountability issues, tracking processes and reporting requirements necessary to represent institutional owners of real property and non performing loans. We understand that each portfolio/property is different and demands creative thinking, actions and analysis to achieve the best results. Our goal is to create maximum competition, which equals maximum value for our clients.
With complex and turbulent financial markets and the rapidly changing real estate marketplace there has never been a greater need for true “hands on” experience of time tested professionals on which a client can depend for intelligent solutions and creative strategies for their real estate related assets. The Colliers Special Assets group has responded to meet this need within its national platform with a team of seasoned veterans of the real estate industry who over the past 40 years have seen real estate at its very best and its very worst. Our services are intended to simplify, accelerate and maximize returns throughout the real estate continuum.
Foreclosures and Bankruptcy Experience
- Experience with the court ordered sales process(es) and bankruptcy in 18 federal districts and 5 state courts with receiverships
- We have represented banks and saving & loans nationwide in the disposition of the REO’s and trust deed sales
- Our group has successfully gone through the federal government audit process and examination
Colliers has the unique ability to sell through traditional marketing channels and auctions as well
- The members of the Colliers Special Assets Group have successfully planned, orchestrated and conducted successful auction and sealed bid initiatives in 46 states, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
- Extensive experience with major corporate clients, financial institutions, government agencies, bankruptcy courts, receivers, trustees, developers and investors
- 100 combined years of experience with auctions (over 3,500) including foreclosure auctions, on site auctions, ballroom auctions, internet auctions, and sealed bid auctions